Peristaltic Pump Priming
This page will walk you through how to prime your peristaltic pumps for your HydroBot. If you were wondering what it means to prime a pump, it simply means to get the pump filled with fluid and prepare it to operate.
Before we get started, make sure you have the following items:
- HydroBot plugged in and connected to WiFi/WLAN
- Tubes for peristaltic pumps
- pH up and pH down solutions (or water for testing)
- Computer, tablet or phone connected to the internet
- A bucket
Next follow these steps:
- Attach all four tubes to both of the peristaltic pumps
- Feed the left tube of each pump into the appropriate pH solution. Make sure the tubes are well below the surface of the liquid.
- Feed the right tube of each pump into a bucket (this is for testing, later we will feed this into your tank or reservoir)
- Open up HydroBot’s web app and login: My.Hydro.Bot
- Navigate to the Settings page in your menu
- Click on Prime Peristaltic Pumps
- Click on Prime pH up and wait 10 seconds. The pump will now suck up the pH up solution and dump it into your bucket. If the tube isn’t full press the button again and wait.
- Repeat this step with the pH down solution
- You’re all set!